In Indonesia there are at least 29 airlines that are traveling every day in the sky of Indonesia, both big airlines, LCC airlines, and chartered airlines. Some of these airlines are from neighboring countries as well as from Indonesia itself.
Here are the names of different airlines serving domestic and international routes in Indonesia:
- Garuda Indonesia. Garuda Indonesia as Indonesia’s largest national carrier established in 1949. Committed to providing exclusive super services.
- Citilink Airlines. Citilink was inaugurated in 2012 as a subsidiary of Garuda Indonesia to serve low-cost airlines.
- Air Asia. AirAsia is a low cost (LCC) airline from Malaysia with low rates. Air Asia Indonesia operates domestic and international flight routes, through 22 aircraft fleets and 13 destinations.
- Lion air. Indonesia’s largest private airline based in Jakarta. Lion Air is well known through its promos.
- Batik Air. Batik Air is a subsidiary of Lion Air offered premium class with prey middle to upper class passenger market.
- Wings Air. Wings Abadi Airlines or better known as Wings Air is another subsidiary of Lion Air company. Founded by Lion Air in 2003.
- Tiger Air. Tiger Airways is a Singapore-based airline. Founded in December 2003 and started operation since 15 September 2004.
- Sriwijaya Air. Sriwijaya Air controls about 12% of Indonesia’s domestic flight market. Serves 35 domestic flight destination points and 2 International destinations (Penang and Singapore).
- Batavia Air. Batavia Air is one of the few Indonesian aviation operators allowed to operate in the European Union. Batavia Air is also included in the first-place category for aviation safety in Indonesian domestic regulations.
- Kal Star Aviation. A private airline based in Serpong, West Java and serves lesser-known destinations, especially in Kalimantan, Java and Nusa Tenggara.
- Susi Air. PT ASI Pujiastuti Aviation or Susi Air was established in 2004. It operates in 4 major centers namely Jakarta, Medan, Balikpapan, and Sentani.
In addition to these airlines, there are still several local and international airlines that also operate in Indonesia, including:
- Airfast Indonesia (Charter flight)
- Air China
- Cathay Pacific
- China Airlines
- China Southern
- Etihad Airways
- Japan Airlines
- Korean Air
- Kuwait Airways
- Philippine Air
- Qantas Air
- Qatar Airways
- Royal Brunei
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways
- Jet Star & Value Air.
Source : http://bandarasoekarnohatta.com/daftar-nama-maskapai-penerbangan-yang-beroperasi-di-indonesia.info